Weight loss and weight management can be difficult. If you’ve tried dieting and a strict exercise regimen, you may not achieve your ideal weight. Your weight management doctor can help.
Even losing a small amount of weight can help improve your overall health and help you feel better. Consider that weight loss can help you to:
- Lower your blood pressure and cholesterol
- Stabilize your blood sugar levels
- Enjoy less joint or back pain
- Enjoy increased flexibility and mobility
Your weight management doctor will begin by performing a thorough medical examination which may include laboratory workups and other testing.
Your weight management doctor will develop a weight loss and weight management plan which will focus on:
- Replacing high-fat foods like red meat and whole fat dairy with lean meats like poultry or fish, and low-fat dairy
- Replacing sugary foods and desserts with fruit
- Eating lots of green vegetables and other high-fiber, high-nutrient foods
- Limiting alcohol and caffeine intake
Your weight loss and weight management plan will also consist of an exercise program which may include:
- Exercising for 30 minutes most days of the week
- Aerobic exercises like brisk walking or swimming to get your heart working
- Weight training to keep your muscles and bones strong
Your weight management doctor will also manage your chronic conditions which can contribute to weight management. Your doctor will:
- Manage your diabetes medications and other medications you are taking as they relate to weight loss
- Prescribe dietary and nutritional supplements to make sure your body is receiving the right amount of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to attain optimal health
- Consider degenerative conditions like arthritis to develop an exercise plan which is gentle to your joints and bones
Your weight management doctor can also prescribe prescription medications to facilitate weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight. and help you achieve the requirements necessary for bariatric surgery, so you have the best chance of success for permanent weight loss.
To learn more about weight management services and preparation for bariatric surgery, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Sandy Valino Stock at EnVogue Med & Wellness in Schaumburg, IL.